Egypt has many religious, cultural and social similarities with Pakistan. Egyptians have a general goodwill and appreciation for Pakistan and its people.
- Appreciate Egypt’s rich culture, history, civilization, and modern infrastructure.
- Egypt has plenty of ancient and modern history. The Pyramids in Giza, the National Museum of Egyptian civilization in Cairo and the Luxor city is a must visit place.
- Cairo weather is dry and hot in summers, but gets pleasant in the evening. It’s chilly in winters. An extra layer of clothing to ward off chilly evening/morning winds is recommended.
- Official documents including passports, air tickets, and personal effects should be kept safe and secure. Photocopy of valid visa should be carried along at all times.
- Do carry US dollars or Egyptian pounds as they are the only two locally acceptable forms of currency.
- Do respect and abide by the local laws and conduct yourself in a respectful manner.
- Areas outside the main tourist attractions are more conservative, and visitors should dress accordingly.
- Do not show any documentation to anyone before establishing the credibility of their official capacity.
- Foreigners are expected to tip workers, not just in restaurants or cafes, but tour guides, cleaners and others may be given a small tip.
- Street crimes are almost non-existent in Cairo. However, do stay alert.
- In case of any problem, immediately notify the Embassy.
- Keep Passport Validity 6-months at least.
- Historical monuments and Archaeological sites should be respected.
- It is advisable to go for tourist purposes with Tour Guide, particularly during desert excursions.
- Do not engage in any political or religious debates or arguments with locals.
- Do not take part in any demonstration or protest.
- Smoking is prohibited in Government venues, hospitals, schools, public transportation and clubs.
- For those bringing prescriptive medicine, carry a medical certificate from the doctor.
- People with dust allergy must keep their medicine with them considering Egypt’s dry and dusty climate, and occasional dust storms.
- It is strictly prohibited to be found in possession of any drugs, and can result in strict punishment including a lengthy prison sentence or even the death penalty.
- Do not take any pictures of or near military or government installations, as it is strictly prohibited. Do not take pictures of any official or armed personnel except with their expressed permission.
- It is prohibited to import or use drones for any purpose, without the authorization of the government.
- It is prohibited to carry or bring a firearm into Egypt, without authorization.
- Egypt applies strict customs rules about bringing items, including electronic items.
- There are certain areas, including in North Sinai region, where travel is not allowed.
- Do not take any antiquities out of Egypt.